A professional watch spring bar tool is used for getting spring bars out of watch straps if you need to adjust the length of watch straps. The two tips of a spring bar tool can be replaced.A small spring bar tip is suitable for steel watch band to disassemble small connection between the watch dial plate and the watch band, and a big spring bar tip is suitable for belt watch band.
Note: The sizes are approximate.
Tips: How to Change a Watch Strap?
The watch strap will wear out when you use it for a long time, therefore, you could use a watch spring bar tool to change your watch band. Here are the steps to replace watch bands.
1. When you get a new watch strap, you should compare it with watch lugs to make sure that the size is right.
2. The watch strap and the watch lugs are fixed by spring pins that insert into the holes on both sides of the watch lugs.
3. Use a groove of the watch spring bar tool to clip on either end of a spring pin connecting the strap with watch lugs. Push down the spring pin firmly in the direction of the strap and the strap will be removed.
4. Repeat the above steps to remove the other strap.
5. Install new watch straps. The strap with a buckle needs to be installed on the side at 12 o’clock, and the strap without a buckle should be installed on the side at 6 o’clock.
6. Put the strap that has already worn a spring pin in a hole on one side of the watch lug, the other side is pressed down and then put into the lug with a spring bar tool, gently move it until the spring pin enters the hole.
7. Finally, pull the straps to make sure it is firmly installed.