Best distance measuring wheel for sale, with cheap price. Telescopic handle for measuring distances from 0 - 9999.9m, lightweight and ergonomic, making it portable and easy to use. 6 inch and 12 inch diameter of measuring wheel are instock, available with digital LCD or mechanical dial display, easy to read the distance values. The walking distance measuring wheel perfect for construction, appraisals, law enforcement, landscaping, remodels and any project requiring accurate long distance measurements.
2 types of measuring wheels
Distance measuring wheels are also called mechanical distance measuring vehicles. The distance measuring wheels currently on the market are divided into self-reading distance measuring wheels and electronic digital display distance measuring wheels.
- The self-reading distance measuring wheel uses a mechanical mechanism to record the measured distance, and the engineer reads the measured data through the dial.
- The electronic digital display distance wheel is first reset by the reset button. During the measurement, the encoder is used to record the number of turns of the ranging wheel in motion, and the data is fed back to the single-chip microcomputer at the handhold. The measurement data is displayed on the screen, the measurement results can be more intuitively reflected, and the measurement data is more stable and reliable. The electronic digital display distance wheel is mostly used for engineering surveying and mapping work, such as road surveying, pipeline laying surveying, gardening, football field, golf course and other large-scale construction surveying. The measurement of the traces of the accident at the scene of a traffic accident, etc. Its time-saving and convenient benefits make this kind of products more and more popular and used by more and more people.
Features of digital display distance wheel
- Display five digits, and the built-in light-emitting device is easy to use at night.
- Large counter, LCD direct display, more convenient reading.
- The kickstand support is stable and reliable, and more convenient to use (do not need to use your hands, you can easily control the up and down of the foot support with your feet).
- Folding structure, can be easily put into the bag, easy to carry.
- It can be operated by one person and automatically record the distance while walking.
How to use a measuring wheel?
1. The use of the telescopic handle rod: Pull the handle rod upward and vertically until all the push rods are pulled out, check the lock and tighten, and confirm that the telescopic rod cannot be moved, so that reduce the volume and facilitate storage and transportation.
2. The use of the support frame: The support frame is stowed up to the side and lowered down.
3. The use of the reset button: The reset button is rotated counterclockwise to the bottom, and the counter is returned to zero.
4. Steps of distance measuring with a measuring wheel
- Straighten the telescopic rod first, adjust the rod, so that the folding rods are locked and become straight.
- Pack up the kickstand.
- Spin the reset button counterclockwise to the end, and the counter is returned to zero.
- Align the bottom of the wheel (pointer) with the starting position of the measurement, hold the handle to push the wheel forward. The counter starts counting until the bottom of the wheel (pointer) is aligned with the end of the measurement, and read the counter value.
5. Wall-to-wall measurement method
- Place the distance measuring wheel on the ground and let the rear wheel rest against the wall behind.
- Move the distance measuring wheel in a straight line until it touches the front wall.
- Record the measurement reading of the dial when it is in contact with the front wall.
- Coupled with the diameter of the gauge wheel (2R) is the correct distance.
6. Measurement method from the wall to the next certain point
- Place the distance measuring wheel tool on the ground and let the rear wheel rest against the wall behind.
- Move the distance measuring wheel in a straight line until the point pointed by the positioning pin coincides with the end point.
- Record the measurement reading of the dial.
- Plus the diameter of the gauge wheel (2R) is the correct distance.
7. Point-to-point measurement method
- Place the distance measuring wheel tool on the ground, so that the point pointed by the positioning pin coincides with the starting point.
- Move the distance measuring wheel until the point pointed by the positioning pin coincides with the end point.
- Record the measured reading of the dial, this reading is the correct distance.
Tips for the measuring accuracy of measuring wheels
The distance measuring wheel has very high requirements for measurement accuracy and stability. The biggest error source of the measuring wheel is the deformation of the measuring wheel tire through online investigation. Many factors such as temperature changes, air pressure changes, and applied pressure changes are prone to non-negligible deformation of the tires of the gauge wheel, which greatly affects the measurement accuracy. Moreover, the distance measuring wheel is used for medium and long distance measuring work, and the small deformation will always be superimposed in the rolling of the tire circle by circle, and the calculated measurement length will cause a large measurement error. Therefore, the measuring wheel must be strictly tested before the measurement work to ensure the reliability of the measurement data.