What is a tape measure?
Tape measure is a common measuring tool used in daily life to measure the size or distance of an object. It can be used in various decoration industries, measurements on construction sites, also at home. Tape measure can automatically roll up because of the spring inside it. When measuring the length, in fact, the length of the scale and the spring are stretched. Once the measurement is completed, the spring in the tape measure will shrink automatically, and the scale will also contract under the action of spring force, so the tape measure will be rolled up.
Why buy from us?
Tool.com online store offers best tape measures with a variety of sizes and types, such as easy read steel tape measure, fiber glass tape measure, open reel steal tape measure and 2 in 1 laser rangefinder, giving you more accurate measurement. Shorter tape measures are suitable for small-scale indoor work like measuring the length of the sofa in the living room,while longer tapes are perfect for large-scale framing and outdoor projects. Here are the features of each type of tape measure we provided, just select the right one according to your specific needs.
★ Easy read steel tape measure
- Including 3 size steel tape measures, length: 3m (10 ft)/ 5m (16 ft)/ 7.5m (25 ft)
- Even though the blade is protected within the case, it's easily extended.
- Large size numbers and a dual-calibrated measuring tape make it easy to get the right reading every time.
- Our self Lock tape measures feature blades that automatically stay in a locked position until you press a button to retract them.
- The finger stop button located underneath can stop blade anytime and protect your finger when blade retraction.
- The quality black rubber cover protects the tape from accidental drop and impact; the belt clip and strong wrist strap can wear all around to avoid dropping.
★ Fiberglass tape measure
- Thickened tape: It is made of glass fiber and high-quality PVC, with strong pulling force, anti-shrinkage, durable and hard to break and has a longer life.
- High-quality pull ring: Pull out the tape easily by pulling the ring, easy to fix at a certain point for measurement, easy to use and effortless.
- Double-sided precision scale: clear scale, more accurate measurement, reducing measurement errors.
- High-strength impact resistance: ABS high-strength engineering plastic shell is made of ABS high-strength engineering plastic, which is durable and impact-resistant.
- Wide range of applications: The tape measure is suitable for home indoor and outdoor measurement, tailor measurement, track and field project measurement, industrial measurement, etc.
★ Open reel retractable tape measure
- High Quality: Made by high quality stainless steel material, durable, accurate and provide long service life.
- Easy Operation: 30m/ 50m/ 100m long size design make this measuring tool fit for both professional use and daily use.
- With the 360 degree rocker, and the two-legged guide wheel prevents long-term wear, easy to operate, convenient and practical.
- Applicable to surveying, road, railway, electricity, construction and other long-distance measurement
- Portable handle makes it easy to carry, suitable for mobile use.
- Conical head for easy insertion and measurement. Wear-resistant tape, easy to retract.
★ 2 in 1 laser rangefinder
- 5m tape measure is recommended for short distance measurement; 40m laser distance measurement is recommended for long distance measurement.
- Powerful brake back to lock. The laser rangefinder is automatically locked after being pulled out, and automatically rebounds when you press the unlock button.
- The tape measure has a clear scale, long-lasting wear-resistant, no scratches, and no color fading.
- LCD bright screen, high-definition digital display. Backlit display design, the measurement data is clear at a glance, convenient to use in dark environments
- A variety of application scenarios to meet various needs:
a. Building construction: Easily handle measurement work in various complex environments.
b. Accident investigation: Quick measurement and processing responsibility.
c. House acceptance: Measure whether the house is qualified for distance detection.
d. Door and window installation: Decoration measurement, easy operation by one person, bid farewell to the tape measure.
How to read the steel tape measure?
The steel tape measure is made of a thin elastic steel belt, which whole steel belt engraved with length mark. One side with metric scale (unit is cm), and the other with inch scale (unit is ft). 1cm=0.3937ft, 1ft=2.54cm, so the unit of the shorter number between the two numbers is cm, and the longer unit is inches. When measuring, the zero scale of the steel tape is aligned with the starting point of the measurement, and appropriate tension is applied to directly read the scale on the ruler corresponding to the end point of the measurement. When measuring items with a non-"0" point as the benchmark, pay special attention to the number at the beginning, otherwise it is easy to read errors in the reading.
Tips for using the tape measure
- Check all parts of the measuring tape.
- When pulling out and putting in the measuring tape, it should be light, flexible and free from jamming.
- When braking, the button device of the tape measure should be able to effectively control the rewinding of the tape, and there must be no blocking failure.
- There should be no rust and obvious spots or scratches on the surface of the tape, and the lines should be very clear. The tape can only be rolled up and cannot be folded.
- When using a tape measure, you should not pull the tape out too hard, but slowly pull it out, and let it return slowly after use.
- When braking the tape measure, press the brake button first, and then slowly pull out the tape measure, press the brake button after use, the tape automatically rewinds.
- When the tape is automatically reeled, prevent the tape from hurting people.