2 inch heavy duty air operated double diaphragm pump is an air tool with high efficiency, small in size, easy to move and other good features, which can transport high temperature media up to 150 ℃. This pneumatic dual diaphragm pump is often used as a variety of filter first-level pressure device. It is as well as used for recovering and recycling of hot water, loading or unloading takers and oil depots.
- Air operated double diaphragm pump adopts pilot operated type air valve to eliminate the air tool downtime and extend its service life. All the parts can be replaced when the liquid chamber is not opened.
- Designed with multiport, the pneumatic dual diaphragm pump can be installed easily.
- It structures with non-porous embedded diaphragm to improve the usage rate of diaphragm and make it more compact.
- Air powered diaphragm pump can be used as a movable-type material transfer pump because it has such advantages as small in size, easy moving, no need base, small occupied area and easy installation.
- AODD pump can be externally connected to electromagnetic valve for remote control. And the reversing valve requires no lubrication.
||100 GPM (387.5 LPM)
|Max. Working Pressure
||120 PSI (0.84 Mpa)
|Fluid Inlet Size
||2 inch (DN50) NPT
|Fluid Outlet Size
||2 inch (DN50) NPT
|Air Inlet Size
||1/2 inch NPT
|Max. Suction Lift (Dry Suction)
||18 ft. (5.48m)
|Max. Permitted Grain
||3/16 in. (4.8mm)
|Max. Air Consumption
|Every Stroke Flow
||0.5 gal. (1.9L)
|Max. Reciprocating Speed
|Body Structure Material Option
||Stainless Steel/Aluminum Alloy
||1. Discharge outlet (top cover)
2. Sealing ball
3. Sealing seat
4. Air valve cover gasket
5. Large slider aluminum piece
8. Small slider
9. Large slider O-ring
10. Large slider plastic ring
11. Sliding plate
12. Sliding plate gasket
14. Air valve chamber cover
15. Auxiliary shaft cover
16. Auxiliary shaft O-ring
|17. Auxiliary shaft
18. Pitman shaft
20. Piston sleeve
21. Air valve chamber gasket
22. Air valve chamber
24. Pitman shaft sleeve
26. Outer clamp
27. PTFE diaphragm
28. Poly rubber diaphragm
29. Inner clamp
31. Feed inlet (bottom cover)
Diagram of Air Consumption
Diagram of Fluid Flow
Tips: Air Operated Double Diaphragm Pump Troubleshooting
The normal performance of air operated double diaphragm pump operation is no abnormal sounds. The pressure gauge and control valve work reliable. Each performance index meets the specification rated capacity or the production requirements. However, faults will still occur due to the component materials of the pneumatic diaphragm pump wear and tear or aging. Common failures are as follows:
1. The AODD pump pressure is insufficient or elevated
a. The pressure control valve on the AOD pump is improperly adjusted, you need to adjust it to proper air pressure.
b. The pressure control valve fails, it is better to repair or replace it.
2. The air powered diaphragm pump pressure drops
a. Repair the oil filling valve if it provides insufficient oil.
b. Insufficient feed or leakage of feed valve. Inspect the feed condition and the feed valve.
c. If the air pump body leaks or the diaphragm is damaged, check for replacement of gasket or diaphragm.
3. The pneumatic diaphragm pump has an insufficient fluid flow
a. If the fluid inlet or outlet leaks, check or replace the feed valve.
b. If the diaphragm is damaged, replace it.
c. The speed is too low and the speed control valve fails, overhaul the control device and adjust the speed.
4. The 2 inch air operated diaphragm pump oil leakage
a. If the gasket or seal ring is loose or damaged, adjust or replace them.
5. The AODD pump is running, but the fluid flow is small or there is no liquid coming out at all
a. Observe the AOD cavitation phenomenon, reduce the speed of the pneumatic diaphragm pump to allow liquid into the chamber.
b. Check if the ball valve is stuck. If the liquid is incompatible to the elastomer of the air diaphragm pump, the elastomer will expand, please change the proper elastomer.
c. Check if connector of the fluid inlet completely locked, especially clamp around valve ball at the inlet end needs to be locked.
6. If the air valve of the pneumatic diaphragm pump freezes, check whether the water content of compressed air is too high, install air drying equipment.
7. If there are bubbles out of the fluid outlet, check if the diaphragm is broken and the clamp is locked.
8. If the fluid is discharged from the air outlet, check if the diaphragm breaks and the diaphragm and the internal and external splint are fixed.